What We Do!
- Barriers- We can also help you overcome barriers to changing jobs, staying in your current job, retiring, volunteering or filling your leisure time. So anything in your life that is impacting on your job – we can help. This could be your health, your relationships, confidence or your housing (or something else).
- Explore – where are you, what are your options, is there anything you haven’t thought about?
- Challenge – is that realistic? Or are you not exploring an area you could be because fear is holding you back?
- Support– we are there to listen regardless of what happens. If you realise your son is transgender, your wife has eloped with the milk man, or your dog has been abducted by aliens, we’ve seen it all and very little shocks us now!
- Empower – we will encourage you and help you see that you do have power – even if you aren’t in control of where your life is heading right now, you do still have choices – and in fact this might be the best opportunity you’ve ever had.
- Give you a voice– there’s nothing as belittling as not being heard. We will listen and let you know that you’ve been heard.
- Unpick complexities – if you are in a complex situation, we can help you unpick it so you can start seeing what your options are rather than keep on going round in circles
- Practical Job Search Advice and Guidance – We can help you shine the light on your best bits. This helps you to get your next job, and also helps you to increase your confidence after you’ve had a knock.
- Building Confidence – You might not be able to see your value, but we can. No matter what your past is or what pickle you’re in now. No-one is either all good or all bad. We are all a combination of both, and we can help you find what you’re good at and the positives in your life so you can start to focus on that. You get what you focus on, so if you focus on negativity, your life will be a bit awful. If you feel that your future is full of opportunity, it will be because you will go looking for it.
- Connect you to other people – There’s nothing like meeting other people who are experiencing similar a situation to yourself for making you feel less alone and more connected. We run group sessions to help you meet others who are experiencing career transitions.
- Offer Unconditional Positive Regard – We know life is hard, and it doesn’t always run smoothly. We aren’t here to judge where you went wrong. We are here to help. It’s not helpful to have someone look down their nose at you, so we don’t do that. No matter what you have done, we won’t behave any differently towards you. We might tell you your behaviour is unacceptable and we might say that if we are going to work with you, these are the conditions. But we won’t treat you disrespectfully, no matter what. Unless you steal Kelly’s chocolate. That one is non negotiable!
What We Don’t Do!
- We don’t tell people what job they should do. Especially in the first few hours of meeting you. How could we possibly?
- We don’t have a magic wand. We can’t always fix it or make it better. But we can listen, and a problem shared is a problem halved.
- Judge – everyone gets into situations that are sometimes due to mistakes they’ve made or poor decision making. All of us! So it doesn’t matter to us where you are, we just care where you are going and how you will get there, how we can support you, and if that is the right choice for you.
- We don’t tell you what to do. We can advise and we can say what we would do, but if you decide to do the opposite, then that is fine by us! It’s your life not ours. We are happy when you are happy!
If you have any questions please do get in touch on 07881294894 or email Kelly@cygnetnortheast.com or fill in our contact us page.