Care and Support
Home Care Coming soon….
Cygnet is an ambitious company, with plans to expand into providing a wide range of services for people with physical and mental health conditions and disabilities. As part of our ambitious plans to grow, we are now exploring the home care market and preparing to launch our care service for those who are disabled.
The vision for Cygnet North East is all about helping people to live better, more fulfilled lives and our new care and support service is very much part of this vision. In the past, Kelly has worked in the health and social care field. During this time she witnessed how and why vulnerable people and their families are often failed by existing provision. There is a plethora of agencies, services and organisations in existence whose roles are to support vulnerable people. However, they almost invariably only get involved in specific, narrowly prescribed aspects of individuals’ needs. This is usually connected with funding constraints, remits and responsibilities. The result is that nobody is able to help a person explore all of the wider aspects of their life, and address underlying issues holistically.
Disabilities and Health Conditions
Cygnet North East Care will work with people with disabilities and health conditions and their families. We aim to support them in whatever way is most appropriate to meet their needs. This could include accessing our other services for help with confidence-building, skills, social inclusion, or emotional and well-being support. We are also keen to work with other agencies, if this is going to help our clients.
Our values are:
- Empowerment of both staff and clients so we are all free to express what is good about our services and also what needs to improve – continuous improvement should be at the centre of all organisations working with people.
- Person Centred – Cygnet exists for people not for profit
- Congruence – we will do what we say we will and will communicate with you and encourage you to do the same
- Empathy – we will provide high quality services – the kind of services that we would want for our own loved ones
- Unconditional Positive Regard. At times people’s behaviour can be challenging. We strive to treat people well regardless of their background, behaviour, culture, race, sexual orientation, religion, the colour of their hair or if they have a tattoo – or any other characteristic. Bias does exist and we will strive to explore our own biases so that we are less likely to treat people differently unconsciously.
Our new care service will provide:
- home care
- support services
- meal preparation
- medication prompts
- personal care
- help with washing and dressing
Cygnet works with individuals and their families so they can live life to their full potential. We will adhere to the CQC regulations and go above and beyond to provide a person centred service to all of our clients.
For more information contact us.
We provide support services to people with mental and physical health conditions and disabilities. Cygnet is currently working with a client with Asperger’s to support him to set up his own micro enterprise.
We are working to expand on this work and to work with clients who need support around activities, employment, self-employment and daily living tasks.
We know that often clients are dissatisfied with their care. We want to do things differently at Cygnet and to do so we will guarantee
- We will treat our carers with dignity and respect. Often carers leave the company and this can be disruptive to the clients. We can’t guarantee that our carers won’t leave, but we can guarantee that we will treat our carers well so that they are less likely to want to leave us.
- We will communicate with you. We will let you know who will be arriving every day, when and if there are any changes that we need to make due to illness or for other reasons.
- Act on feedback from both staff and clients to continuously improve our services.