How Do You Fit an Elephant in the Fridge?
Have you ever been asked a strange interview question and struggled to answer it? Well here are a run down of the top 10 strangest that we have come across.
- Which magic power would you like to have and why?
- If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be and why?
- How many hours would it take to clean every single window in London?
- How do you fit an elephant in the fridge?
- Room, desk and car. Which one do you clean first?
- Would you rather fight one horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses?
- When a hot dog expands, in which direction does it split and why?
- If you had £2000 how would you double it in 24 hours?
- How many footballs can you fit into this room?
- If you woke up tomorrow as the CEO what three things would you want to check first?
The important thing to ask yourself if you are asked a question that seems odd or random is why they are asking. What type of job is it? They might be asking to see if you can give a creative answer, to see how you perform under pressure or to find out if you can apply logic to an unfamiliar situation. It depends on the job you are going for. Knowing that you might be asked a question that seems off the wall can help you to prepare but remember that you can’t be prepared for every eventuality. In that situation, it’s OK to ask for some time to answer.
Have you been asked a stranger interview question? Or are you a recruiter and do you ask strange and wonderful questions? What is the reason for wanting to ask?
We’d love to hear about your interview experiences in the comments.
Or if you have an interview coming up, get in touch – we can help you! Kelly@cygnetnortheast.com or 07881294894