Support for job seekers
Cygnet North East works with individual job seekers to help you find and secure the job you want.
- Are you in work but know that the next round of redundancy is coming soon?
- Are you worried about what would happen if you were made redundant and you lost your job?
- Are you worried about money? A loss of status, friendship, structure and well-being?
- Have you been in the same job for a long time?
- Not sure where to start with your job search?
- Confused about the options?
- Want a career change but don’t know where to start?
- Need help with CV writing?
We work with individuals in your position every day, and we know what it feels like to face redundancy and to worry about money and the future.
We will focus on helping you to find the right career for you, and on building the all-important skills you need to create an outstanding cv and shine at your interview.
Counselling or Practical Career Transition Advice
Some of our clients need emotional support to help them manage their conflicting feelings at this very difficult (but also new and exciting) time of discovery!
Other clients don’t want to focus on emotional issues and need more practical advice and help.
Skills to Success
Looking for work and being successful at interview is a different skill set to those you need to be successful in your job. It can be a challenging and demoralising time as you apply for jobs and never hear back. You may have had several interviews but don’t secure that crucial offer.
Whatever you need to help you move on to your new career, Cygnet can help you.
Kelly is a qualified person-centred counsellor and career change coach. She will challenge you but won’t pry into your life if you don’t want that.
The services we offer to individuals looking for a new job are:
- Job search support
- Career change information, advice and guidance
- Skills identification
- Emotional support for those difficult transitions
- A full CV writing service
- Interview coaching and help with interview questions
- Help to overcome other barriers that might prevent you from being successful in your career change.
- Counselling, if your emotions are impeding your progress
- Career advice and guidance
- Linkedin advice
- Personal Statements
We have worked with a wide range of individuals from different backgrounds and situations and have a 96% success rate for progression into volunteering, work and learning.